To promote the physical, spiritual, and emotional well-being of the LGBT community, its families, and friends.
Unlike most other communities, there is often not a “built-in” support system of family and friends that one can depend on during times of need. If someone is alone facing a terminal illness or financial crisis there is often no one for them to turn to for help. They are left on their own to navigate the system of services to find assistance. Cornerstone Outreach was formed in order to serve the LGBT community in Orange County with a safety net of services to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. In other words, we will stand in the gap to provide services that our community, individuals, and families need.
We at Cornerstone Outreach believe that providing positive role models for the LGBT community is crucial for helping individuals develop self confidence and a future filled with hope. By providing programs that help overcome some of the challenges individuals face, we can help pave the way for a healthy productive life.
• To provide social services and emergency assistance to the LGBT community, as well as its families and friends
• To provide a local hub for LGBT services and activities
• To fill the gaps in services needed for the LGBT community in South Orange County
• To partner and collaborate with other agencies to serve our community
• To provide "shared space" enabling other agencies and groups to cost-effectively fulfill their missions
• Courses for coping skills and personal development
• Career exploration assistance
• Academic planning and tutoring
• Computer and Multimedia training
• Linking individuals and/or families with appropriate resources
We recognize that many in the LGBT community struggle with faith issues due to the oppression that has often been imposed on the community. These struggles often result in internal conflicts and unresolved spiritual conflicts within a person. There are clergy and lay people available to assist with resolving these conflicts.